All info below subject to change. Click an FAQ to see the answer:
Eligibility to attend Mach 1 Track Attack:
Anyone who purchased and took delivery of a qualifying Ford Mustang Mach 1 will have one calendar year from the date of delivery to register and attend a Mach 1 Track Attack program.
Vehicle ownership is verified by VIN number. Only one owner/eligible participant per vehicle/VIN number is eligible to attend.
List of eligible participants who can attend in place of the buyer:
Members of the immediate family of the buyer. "Immediate family" means the following relatives of the buyer:
- Spouse's parents
- Spouse's grandparents
- Sons and daughters (including in-laws and step-children)
- Brothers and sisters (including in-laws, half and step)
- Same-sex domestic partners
- Immediate family members of same-sex domestic partners
During your registration, you may purchase a Guest seat for the "Non-driving Guest Experience†" or for the "Driving Guest Experience.†"
Non-Driving Guest Experience // +$179Each Mustang Mach 1 owner has the option to bring one non-driving guest - 14 years old minimum. Your guest can join you at the reception dinner, sit in on all classroom instruction, watch the on-track excitement, and experience the adrenaline rush of demo laps in the passenger seat of a Mach 1 with one of our professional drivers at the controls. *Limited availability per class
Two-Day Non-Driving Guest Experience // +$219Adds a second day to the "Non-Driving Guest Experience" for Mach 1 Track Attack programs with an optional second day of driving. Includes all of the features listed in the "Non-Driving Guest Experience" plus lunch on the second day for your guest. *Limited availability
The Non-Driving Guest Experience Features:
- Guest joins you in attending the evening reception dinner the night before
- Sit in on all Classroom Instruction
- Watch the On-Track Action up close and personal
- Joins you for catered lunch
- Ride as a Passenger in a Mach 1 with a Pro Driver
- Age restrictions - 14 years old minimum
*If you elected not to bring a Guest to the Welcome Reception / Day 1 [referred to as the 'Non-Driving Guest Experience'] during your registration, you clearly understand that you are not allowed to bring any guest to the evening reception or to the next day's activities — which includes classroom sessions, on-track experience, and meals — at the racetrack.
† If you purchase a Non-Driving Guest Experience your guest does not drive the Mach 1 cars.
Driving Guest // FPRS Mustang GT $1,795Each Mustang Mach 1 owner has the option to bring one driving guest who participates in all the same Mach 1 Track Attack activities as the owner. Perfect for drivers at any level. *Limited availability per class
The Driving Guest Experience Features:
- Reception Dinner hosted by Ford Performance Racing School
- Classroom session
- Skid car exercises
- Acceleration/Braking exercises
- Vehicle Dynamics
- On-track lead-and-follow session (you follow the instructor)
- On-track demo laps (you ride as passenger with instructor driving)
Driving Guests must be at least 16 to participate in any racetrack activity and possess a current, valid driver’s license. Drivers under 18 will need to have a parental consent form signed on-site.
All FPRS Mustang GT cars used in the program will be manual transmission only. Participants must be proficient and show competency in driving a manual transmission.
If you select not to bring a Guest to the Welcome Reception / Day 1 [referred to as the 'Non-Driving Guest Experience', or 'Driving Guest'] during your registration, you clearly understand that you are not allowed to bring any guest to the evening reception or to the next day's activities — which includes classroom sessions, on-track experience and meals — at the racetrack.
SECOND DAY DRIVING OPTIONSOn select dates, you and your driving guest can upgrade to an optional second day of Performance Driving for a real taste of what the Ford Performance Racing School has to offer. In order to drive during second-day activities, the driver must have participated in the first day.
Mach 1 Owner // FPRS Mustang GT - $1,695
Mach 1 Owner // FPRS Mustang GT with Michelin Pilot Sport Cup 2 - $1,995
Driving Guest // FPRS Mustang GT - $1,695
Driving Guest // FPRS Mustang GT with Michelin Pilot Sport Cup 2 - $1,995
The Performance Driving Day 2 Upgrade Features:
- Drive a performance-prepped 2015 FPRS Mustang GT with the Ford Performance FR3 Kit (includes springs, shocks, sway bars, and Brembo brakes), or upgrade to the same 2015 FPRS Mustang GT with Michelin Pilot Sport Cup 2 tires designed for track and competition.
- Learn from professional instructors with championship experience
- Lots of track time: Five on track sessions each 20-25 minutes
PURE. ADRENALINE. RUSH. Please call 435-27-SPEED  for info or to register.
We provide the Mach 1 cars for the course on Day 1. On select dates, FPRS also offers a second driving day in an FPRS Mustang GT.
We provide helmets for classes, but participants are welcome to bring their own if it is rated Snell SA 2015 or better with an IMSA style radio connector and has Hans clips. If you bring your own helmet, bring your Hans to make sure the clips match up (or you will have to use our helmet if our Hans does not clip into your helmet). We provide one-layer driving suits for our full-day Ford Performance Racing School participants.
Participants will spend roughly 20% of the time inside the classroom, including lunch. The remaining 80% of the day is spent behind the wheel. These times are approximate and may vary slightly.
Yes, if you miss the evening Welcome Reception you may still attend the On-Track Day One starting the next morning at 8:00 am. Please arrive no later than 7:45 am to check-in at the Welcome Center.
The dress standard for the Welcome Reception and Mach 1 Track Attack is casual.
The Speedway Club Restaurant Dress Code: The dress code consists of business casual/country club casual such as dress pants and capris, golf-style/walking shorts. We will allow jeans, jean shorts, running shoes, and casual shirts. Jackets and ties are not required. No screen-printed t-shirts, undershirts, cut-off shorts, athletic wear, baseball caps, torn or tattered clothing, or beach-style flip-flops.
Yes.Embassy Suites Charlotte-Concord Golf Resort & Spa - Host Hotel of Mach 1 Track Attack is located less than 10 minutes from the Ford Performance Racing School.
Yes. The minimum age requirement is fourteen+ (14+) years to ride along on a demo lap.
Participants must be at least 16 to participate in any activity on the race track and possess a current, valid driver’s license. Drivers under 18 will need to have a parental consent form signed on-site. The minimum age requirement is fourteen+ (14+) years to ride along on a demo lap.
Communications and Privacy
There is an option to purchase a property damage waiver option to limit financial responsibility for damage done to the Ford Mustang Mach1 used in the Mach 1 Track Attack program. This option will also be available for the cars used in optional second driving day upgrades. Without the limited liability, the student assumes full financial responsibility up to the vehicle's full replacement value for any and all damage they do to the vehicle. The liability option can be purchased during registration on this website or before attending or at check-in upon arrival at Ford Performance Racing School.
Mach 1 Track Attack Event Waiver/Liability:
VEHICLE DAMAGE WAIVER:
In consideration for the Ford Performance Racing School (Collectively known as FPRS) to agree to allow Participant to drive in its vehicle and on its track(s), Participant agrees to hold harmless, indemnify and defend FPRS against any and all claims, demands, actions (including attorney's fees and costs) liability, losses, damages, injuries (including, without limitation death and dismemberment) and accidents of whatever kind resulting in any way from participating in events at FPRS. Participant further understands and agrees that he/she assumes full financial responsibility up to full replacement value of the Ford Performance Racing School vehicle assigned to Participant (as described below) for any and all damage Participant does to the vehicle. Notwithstanding the foregoing, the Participant may elect (where designated herein) a property damage waiver option and pay an additional fee to limit his/her financial responsibility to Five Thousand Dollars ($5,000.00) for damage done to the vehicle.
1. PARTICIPANT AGREES TO ASSUME FULL FINANCIAL RESPONSIBILITY UP TO THE LIMIT AGREED FOR PROPERTY DAMAGE. PARTICIPANT ALSO AGREES TO FULL FINANCIAL RESPONSIBILITY FOR PERSONAL INJURY ARISING OUT OF OR RELATED TO THE EVENT(S) WHETHER CAUSED BY THE NEGLIGENCE OF PARTICIPANT OR OTHERWISE. ONLY PARTICIPANT NAMED ABOVE IS AUTHORIZED TO DRIVE THE ASSIGNED VEHICLE.
2. IF THE VEHICLE SUFFERS MECHANICAL FAILURE, FORD PERFORMANCE RACING SCHOOL WILL PROVIDE, TO THE BEST OF THEIR ABILITIES, A BACK-UP VEHICLE.
3. AT ANY TIME, AND IN ITS SOLE DISCRETION, FORD PERFORMANCE RACING SCHOOL RESERVES THE RIGHT TO REMOVE THE DRIVER FROM THE VEHICLE FOR ANY REASON. THE FORD PERFORMANCE RACING SCHOOL ALSO RESERVES THE RIGHT TO DECIDE WHETHER OR NOT TO PROVIDE AN ADDITIONAL VEHICLE AS BACK-UP, RESULTING FROM ASSIGNED VEHICLE BEING DAMAGED. ANY ADDITIONAL VEHICLE ASSIGNED WILL REQUIRE AN ADDITIONAL LIMITED LIABILITY FEE, IF OPTION IS SELECTED, OTHERWISE, PARTICIPANT WILL BE FULLY RESPONSIBLE FOR THE NEWLY ASSIGNED VEHICLE. REFUNDS WILL BE AT THE DISCRETION OF THE FORD PERFORMANCE RACING SCHOOL.
Purchase Limited liability with School selection.
Cancellation requests received more than 31 days before your event will receive a 90% refund on Mach 1 Track Attack [Mach 1 TA] upgrades.
Reschedule requests received more than 31 days before your event will receive a one-time credit toward attendance at a future Mach 1 Track Attack as long as the date falls within 12 months of the Ford Mustang Mach 1 delivery date. A $150 rescheduling fee will be charged. If a guest experience has been purchased, an additional rescheduling fee of 10% will be charged.
No refund or credit toward a future program will be offered if a cancellation or request to reschedule occurs less than 31 days before your event. Failure to appear will result in forfeiture of all event fees and the ability to attend future Mach 1 Track Attack programs.
Cancellation and reschedule requests must be made by calling Mach 1 Track Attack: 435-277-7333, Monday to Friday, 8 am-5 pm EST.
The Mach 1 Track Attack is an all-weather program. If extreme weather conditions prevent the Ford Performance Racing School from safely executing the Event, every effort will be made to reschedule the Event. The Ford Performance Racing School reserves the sole right to determine whether an Event will be canceled due to dangerous weather conditions.
- 8:00am start time (sharp)
- Classroom session (approximately 45 minutes)
- Skid car exercises
- Acceleration/Braking exercises
- Vehicle Dynamics
- Catered lunch
- On-Track sessions
- On Track demo laps (you ride as passenger with instructor driving)
- Graduation 5:00 pm
5115 Moorehead Rd. - Suite 200
Concord, NC 28027
The Ford Performance Racing School is located at Charlotte Motor Speedway.